If you haven’t made the switch to a keyless door lock yet, you’re probably wondering whether the benefits justify the initial expense. And we are here to tell you that yes they do! Digital locks offer more security benefits than a traditional mechanical lock as well as additional convenience. Naturally, there are a few downsides, but these are mitigated by the many benefits.
Let’s find out more…
Benefits Of Smart Locks
- No More Keys – One of the biggest advantages of keyless door locks is their convenience. No longer will you have to fumble around looking for keys before you can leave or gain entry to your home or business. In the event of a power failure or an emergency, the door can be manually opened using the key override feature.
- Say Goodbye To Being Locked Out – Locking yourself out of your home is one of the most frustrating experiences there is. With mechanical locks, it’s also incredibly easy to do. Smart locks eliminate this possibility.
- Invest In Your Home – Installing smart locks at your home is an expense, but a worthwhile one. Smart homes are highly sought after and will help your home sell faster.
- Easy To Customise – Easily assign unique codes to different family members and other people who need access to your home. You can also specify times that the code will work and track who enters and leaves your property via an app on your phone.
- Improved Security – Digital locks allow you to monitor exactly who is coming and going from your home. You can also deactivate codes at any time. For example, if you need to give a tradesperson access to your home you can delete their code once the job is complete. There’s no need to give spare sets of keys to neighbours or hide them around your home. Keyless locks are also invaluable to holiday homeowners who have different groups coming and going from their property all the time.
Disadvantages Of Smart Door Locks
There aren’t too many disadvantages to digital locks. They are more expensive, but this is more than made up for by the value they add to your home. There is also a small chance your digital lock will fail and require a locksmith, but this is extremely rare. A quality door is also important as no lock will be able to stop an intruder if the door isn’t in good condition.
Best Keyless Door Lock
The best keyless door lock for you will depend on the type of property you need to secure and who needs access to it. Some options include:
- Bluetooth/Wireless Locks – These locks use either WiFi or Bluetooth technology to control your locks. With Wifi, you can unlock doors via an app from anywhere in the world. Bluetooth is more restrictive meaning you need to get within a certain distance before your phone or key fob will open the door.
- Biometric Locks – One of the most secure digital locks on the market, biometric locks scan your fingerprint or your eye before unlocking the door.
- Keypad Electronic Locks – Requires a pin to be entered into a keypad. Different codes can be assigned to different people. Touchscreens are more common now than press buttons.
Need advice on the best keyless door lock for you? Ison Lock and Key is your local locksmith in Nowra specialising in digital locks, automotive emergencies and safes. Get in touch to arrange a free security assessment of your home.